WHITEFISH — On Tuesday, March 17, the Whitefish Park Board sent a press release detailing these facility closures:
- All open space parks will remain open with signs recommending social distancing.
- The Hugh Rogers WAG Dog Park will remain open with signs recommending social distancing.
- All pickleball, tennis, and basketball courts will remain open with signs recommending social distancing.
- All gazebo rentals currently booked will be canceled due to those typically being rented for gatherings of more than 10 people. Gazebos will remain open for the general public’s use.
- All public park facilities (Ice Den, Armory, and City Beach Concessions) are closed until further notice.
- All public playgrounds are closed until further notice.
- All park events are postponed until further notice
- All park restrooms will remain closed until further notice.
- The boat launch will remain in the off-season status until further notice.
For more information or questions about outdoor recreation in Whitefish, please call the Parks & Recreations Department at 406-863-2470.
City Hall offices are closed to the public from March 18th through March 27th.
City Hall services can be reached by phone and email from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, Monday - Friday.
Their payment drop box located off of Baker Avenue will remain open and checked frequently throughout the day.
The city also offers a drop-off and pick up location for building plans, applications, and other documents for various departments in the City Hall vestibule.
Doors to the City Hall lobby will remain locked. An extension of this closure will be considered on a week-by-week basis beginning March 27, 2020.