About 30 people were evacuated from the Shrine Auditorium Saturday morning after a gas leak was reported by Birdie Dappels, who was coordinating a doll show at the time.
Attendees of the event reported that they smelled gas in the basement.
Firefighters were called and according to the Billings Fire Department's Capt. Brian Mamayak, multiple leaks were detected and the building was evacuated.
Montana Department of Utilities was called as well, and the gas was shut off to the building.
Mamayak said that the leaks will be looked into after the weekend and the gas will remain shut off until MDU can further assess the situation.
The doll show attendees were allowed back into the building after about an hour.