MISSOULA — A woman lost her home when her van caught on fire in Missoula earlier this week.
She was sleeping in the vehicle and using propane tanks to keep warm.
People staying nearby saw the American Red Cross in the area and they believe the woman currently has a warm hotel room.
David Lawson Jr. was asleep when he awoke to someone screaming "fire."
He said the woman was distraught and in shock.
"I barely know her, I've met her a couple times. It just broke my heart to see this happen. Her phone was burnt, so when the fire department and the police left she was just left here to figure it out."
Lawson took the woman to get a new phone, and said people should be coming by soon to help clean up.