MISSOULA – Investigators have determined what sparked a Friday morning blaze that killed several pets and heavily damaged a Milltown home.
Missoula Rural Fire District Cheif Chris Newman says that the accidental blaze was sparked from combustibles being left on the stove top.
While nobody was home when the fire broke out at around 8:30 a.m. on Friday, five pets died in the fire on Daytona Loop.
Newman says that although firefighters made an aggressive attack, the fire had already made its way into the walls and attic, increasing the damage to the 113-year-old home.
The two-story home suffered an estimated $60,000 in damages. No injuries were reported.
MRFD, East Missoula fire, Clinton fire, Missoula County Sheriff’s deputies and NorthWestern Energy all responded to the scene.
-information from Kent Luetzen included in this report