MISSOULA — Missoula County Public Schools (MCPS) is looking to hire some additional employees as the district prepares to move to the next phase of its school reopening plan.
MCPS is looking to hire teachers, paraeducators, noon duty aides, custodians, and a pool of substitutes.
“In order to support full classrooms every day, we need to hire 16 staff in our elementary buildings alone,” MCPS Communications Director Hatton Littman stated in a news release.
The school district is looking for help in filling the positions as soon as possible.
“We have reason to be hopeful because we have already filled many positions posted immediately following the board’s decisions to move all schools to Phase 2,” noted Littman.
Elementary and Secondary teaching positions
- Requires Certificate/License or statement regarding Montana licensure status
- Support teachers and students in the classroom throughout the day
- $13.62 to $16.06 per hour depending on position and placement on wage scale
- 6.5 - 7 hrs/day
- Requires Copies of college transcripts (2 yr Associate Degree or 72 qtr college credits) or copies of PASS test (MEA-MFT) or TABE test scores
Noon Duty Aides/Crossing Guards K-8
- Support students during the lunch period and at recess
- $10.00 to $10.57 per hour depending on experience
- 2.25 hrs/day, Monday-Friday, 180 days/9 holidays
- $13.62 -$14.97 per hour depending on experience
- 8 hrs/day
Kitchen Helpers K-12
- Prepares and serves food to students
- $11.41 to $12.46 per hour depending on experience
- 3 hrs/day, 179 days / 9 holidays from 10:15 am to 1:15 pm, Monday - Friday
- Teachers (requires 4-year college degree, does not need to be in education) - 12.50/hour
- Para educators $12.50/hour
- Custodians $13.25/hour
- Secretaries $11.50/hour
- Kitchen Helpers $10.50/hour
- Noon Duty Aides $10.00/hour
- Nurses RN $24.00/hour and LPN $14.00 /hour
Apply online or visit the MCPS District Office at 909 South Avenue