MISSOULA — The bill will be in the mail no later than this Thursday if you are a property owner in Missoula County.
That's when all property tax bills will be mailed. But if you don't want to wait, they are available right now online.
Tax payments for the first half of the year are due by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 30.
Payments are currently being accepted and online payments may be made via credit card, debit card or electronic check.
Service fees apply when paying online by credit or debit card.
The fee for paying by electronic check has been removed for all transactions when paying online.
Taxes can be paid:
- By mail: Clerk and Treasurer’s Office,200 W. Broadway St., Missoula MT, 59802
- Online: www.missoulataxes.us
- Blue courthouse dropbox: located in the west parking lot off Woody Street
To access tax bills online:
- Visit www.missoulataxes.us
- Search by last name, property address, geo code or taxpayer ID
- After the query has run, click “Detail” to view a pie chart that breaks down taxes among the different jurisdictions
- You can also visit www.missoulaproperty.us for a more visual search and then click the“tax” tab in the property information box once a parcel has been selected.
Property owners will likely see a portion of their taxes supporting several jurisdictions and districts. For example, Missoula County and the City of Missoula each set their own budgets and tax rates, and property taxes also support local school districts. Additionally, property taxes fund special districts that provide services like fire protection, bus service, irrigation, water and sewer. A portion of property taxes also supports schools statewide, including the Montana University System.
Property owners who have specific questions regarding their tax bills, it’s important that they contact the appropriate jurisdiction. Below are the six largest taxing jurisdictions likely to appear on a tax bill in Missoula County:
- Missoula County Public Schools: 406-728-2400, ext.1024
- City of Missoula: 406-552-6122
- Missoula County: 406-258-4847
- Missoula Urban Transportation District (Mountain Line): 406-543-8386
- Missoula Rural Fire District: 406-549-6172
- Montana University System: 406-449-9124