HELENA – Montana’s unemployment rate rose slightly in November to 3.7% placing the rate at the same level it was at in July and August.
The U.S. unemployment rate was unchanged at 3.7%.
Total employment, which includes payroll, agricultural, and self-employed workers, indicated an increase of 830 jobs in October.
Payroll employment posted a gain of 500 jobs, with job gains of 900 in the private sector and job losses of 400 in the public sector.
The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) increased by 0.3% in October due to price increases across most goods.
Western Montana county unemployment rates:
- Missoula County: 2.9% (-0.3%)
- Powell County: 3.2% (-0.6%)
- Lake County: 3.5% (-0.4%)
- Ravalli County: 3.6% (-0.5%)
- Flathead Indian Reservation: 3.7% (-0.5%)
- Flathead County: 4.1% (-0.5%)
- Granite County: 4.5% (-0.5%)
- Sanders County: 4.5% (-1.5%)
- Mineral County: 5.6% (-1.4%)
- Lincoln County: 5.7% (-0.8%)