GREAT FALLS – At least one family is displaced after a structure fire reignited in Sun Prairie early Thursday morning.
Vaughn Assistant Fire Chief Ken Hanks said crews were initially called to the scene of a mobile home on fire at 1133 Harrison St. around 6:10 p.m. Wednesday.
After clearing the scene, the fire rekindled early Thursday just after 1:30 a.m. and crews again responded to the scene.
Upon arrival, firefighters found the original structure fully engulfed in flames. The fire had spread to a second trailer west of the residence; a vehicle was also lost in the fire.
Hanks said a family of two adults and three children made it safely out of the second mobile home.
He said there are no reported injuries from either structure. The cause of the initial fire appeared to have started from an overheated propane forced air heater under the mobile home.
Crews cleared the scene from the second call around 5 a.m. Thursday.
Firefighters from Vaughn, Sun Prairie, Manchester, MANG and Sun River assisted in putting out the fire.
-Keeley Van Middendorp reporting for MTN News