NewsMontana News

Actions

5 taken to hospital after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at Helena hotel

Posted at 8:51 AM, Feb 07, 2020
and last updated 2020-02-07 20:52:22-05

HELENA — The Helena Fire Department reports five people were taken to a hospital Thursday night for suspected carbon monoxide at Jorgenson's Inn and Suites in Helena.

Emergency crews were called to the hotel at 1714 11th Avenue at around 8 p.m.

According to Helena Fire Department Battalion Chief Neil Koeheler, the carbon monoxide leak appears to have been in the basement around the pool area.

The hotel was evacuated; there were approximately four rooms occupied at the time. The people in the hotel were evacuated to the adjoining restaurant.

Koeheler says there is no immediate word on the condition of those taken to the hospital.

The cause of the carbon monoxide leak is being investigated and NorthWestern Energy was called to the scene to assist.

We will update you when we get more information.