FLORENCE – Classes were canceled in Florence on Thursday morning after a small fire broke out at Florence Carlton School.
School officials notified parents at around 7:45 p.m. that all elementary, middle and high school classes following a small fire in the boy’s locker room.
There’s no word yet on what sparked the fire although the Ravalli County Sheriff’s Office says in a social media post that it was an electrical fire.
Parents were told to pick up students who were already on the school campus at the district offices after 8 a.m.
We’ll have more information on this developing story as it becomes available.