VICTOR — Some good preparation is being credited with helping crews keep a wildfire in Victor from getting out of control.
Crews from the US Forest Service and the Victor Fire Department were called to a fire that was sparked by lightning near Gash Creek Road on Saturday.
Firefighters were able to get the fire put out in a few hours with no damage to any structures or personnel.
Victor Fire notes that the landowner had been working on reducing the fuels around his property and say that without that effort, the fire would have been much worse.
Fire officials note that fuel reduction is a critical part of wildland fire prevention and control.
Click here for more information on how to prepare your property for wildfires.