POLSON — All Lake County offices will be closing to the public at 5 p.m. on Monday due to coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns.
Click here for a complete list of Lake County contacts and more information on what services are available.
Below is a list of resources for completing business online:
Clerk & Recorder’s Office
- e-recording: Click here for more details on eRecording
- Birth & Death certificates: Make by fax to (406) 883.7283 or to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The completed request must be accompanied by the requestors identification. Requestor must call the office and provide credit card information, or send the request, and a copy of your ID with a check or money order to the address on the request form. The birth and death certificates will be mailed to you at the address you have provided to us on the form.
- Property Tax payments: Can be made through the Lake County website under the Section Directory
- Motor Vehicle renewals: Not past their due date can be paid here. You will not be able to change your mailing address online, if you need to change your address, you will need to call into the office or calling 883-7217 or by email.
- To pay fines online you may visit here. You will need your Case number, which will need to include all 0’s, or, you may use your citation number as well.
- If you have a warrant, or your payment is past due, you will not be able to use citepay services. Contact the Court at (406) 883-7260 for continuances.
- Call (406) 883-7236 for information or send an email.
- Call (406) 883-7235 for information or send an email.
- For chemical purchases or rentals please contact (406) 883-7330 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
It had been announced previously that the Lake County Sheriff's Office and the Lake County jail will have no inmate visitation, outside of attorneys and medical staff, until further notice.